Losing Wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SlimMan, Nov 2, 2008.

1. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

This is really strange, or at least it is to me.

I am running FW/JB 2.1 on a touch G1, using Winterboard for customizing and when I use a theme my Wifi gets dropped about 10 mins or so after I apply the theme.

There is no one paticular theme that does it. I can use Winterboard to have a wallpaper on my springboard without this happening, just can't use themes? Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks, Slim
  2. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    thats weird, i would just DFU and restore if i had a polem like that
    just to get a fresh start
  3. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

On my old 1g sometimes I had to DFU 3 or more times before I could get a "clean" JB that would hold Wifi.
  4. pandaman2300

pandaman2300 Banned

if i had a polem like that, i wouldn't worry cause it goes back in the end, right?
  5. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

Err .. that doesn't sound fun.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just find it really strange that it only does it when I attempt to use a theme... I have restored it a time or two and notice this prob. each time. I may try removing and installing winterboard a time or two and see if that does anything. Kinda ticks me off, cause the themes are really the only reason I JB, Apple should just make their FW so that you can customize it!!

Thanks for the replies, help.... Any more ideas??
    Slim!

6. ab88

ab88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My iPod did the same thing when I used videos as backgrounds. It stopped as soon as I disabled those. Also when a theme has an HTML background I notice Safari crashes a few pages into the browsing experience.

Maybe it's something related to those for you too?
  7. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

Thx for the input ab88, I notice Safari being retarded in different cases also. However I did find out that my problem exist when I use Themes AND User Wallpapers, if I don't use my own wallpapers then the themes work and I don't have the WiFi issue.

So I guess the next thing I need to do is check on the winterboard site / forums and see if anyone else has experienced this issue and if it's fixable.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Will try and post back if I find out anything useful.

Slim!