Lose all Apps when upgrading firmware??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kappatango, Jan 4, 2008.

1. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Hi,

I hope this hasn't been asked before - I have searched for ages and not found the answer I need ( well not that I could understand anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

I have a successful jailbroken 8gb running 1.1.2 - all good....

When (IF) we have a 1.1.3 patched and good to upgrade, how do I do that without loosing all my settings and Apps ( like you do when a Restore is done ....)?

Or will future upgrades all be ok as the IPod is jailbroken now - so a 1.1.3 upgrade will note restore and wipe my apps?

On a side note, if I use the application memory hack, will I need to undo that before upgrading to 1.1.3 when it is available...and if so.....how

Please Register or Log in to view images

?

Thanks in advance
    Kappa
  2. jrods

jrods New Member

I think u will end up losing all the apps when I upgraded to 1.1.2 I lost all my apps so I downgraded to 1.1.1 and kept it at that
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Yeah I didn't install any apps on 1.1.1, just fresh on the broken 1.1.2

I am wondering - there is no restore involved once the touch is jailbroken - you run the oktoprep, UPDATE via Itunes then Run the jailbroken Windows.bat for the new version - In this case, I am hoping that the APPS etc will remain....

Anyone know for sure?
  4. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

i think everytime we update firmwares we lose all the 3rd party apps we have because apple doesnt like it..

new firmwares = no more 3rd party apps (well if you upgrade to it)

and i dont think you need to undo the memory application i didnt from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2