Loosetooth development: Help Wanted

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by rtgiant, Feb 7, 2009.

1. rtgiant

rtgiant New Member

Hey, me and exosion are developing an app for unlocking of the ipodtouch bluetooth chip. The ipodtouch bluetooth chip is a bcm which is different then the iphone so bluetooth unlocking would be different. since there is directory files that seem to lead to a possible unlocking of bluetooth in a future firmware update we know it is possible. but the init files are non existant for the ipt2g bluetooth and they are existant for iphone. we need someone who can help us write another init file for the ipt2g. basically someone who has a lot of experience with this topic. please help...
    Thanks, Rtgiant
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

rather than posting this in a JAILBREAK section, post it where it belongs. ipod touch app development.
  3. rtgiant

rtgiant New Member

errr, sorry i meant to post in general ipod touch 2g. everyone makes mistakes..
  4. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't backseat moderate. Get out of the thread if you have nothing to say.
  5. GGRules

GGRules New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just posting to keep this thread alive =) ....cause i really want the bluetooth lol
  6. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

you don't have authority to control what i have to say. i'm just helping out.

no worries. =]
  7. superdavex

superdavex New Member

The init file and the deep sleep file are there for the ip2g and BTServer uses them. The issue may be that the init file uploads a firmware to the chip and that firmware may be specific as to only allow the Nike bt devices. I can get the chip to be discoverable, but, I am unable to read any services for it. If we can find another device that is functional that uses the same chip we may be able to pull the firmware from it.

,Dave
  8. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    hey guys, well i can't write code and stuff like that, but i would be willing to be a tester if u guys need some. i'm slightly savy on certain technical aspects, but i can't program. so if u guys need some kind of test subjects, i'm open for it.

thanks guys and i hope u guys pull this off!
  9. dmytro

dmytro New Member

This is exciting project, I can help too...testing and coding

Please Register or Log in to view images

Where do I start?
  10. owned674

owned674 New Member

The Bluetooth early dev team mentionned that it's impossible, or nearly impossible, to unlock the BT chip for full use. I don't know if there have been any updates since then but I'll check.
    Other than that, I doubt there's a method of it working T3T