Loose iPod Touch 2G Screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sharkeyy, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Sharkeyy

Sharkeyy New Member

So I bought my iPod Touch 2G in February of 2009. I've kept great care of it, keeping it in a case almost all the time. Within the last week, I've noticed when I push/tap just about anywhere on the screen, it makes a noice, which I'm guessing is caused by a loose screen. Reading different forums about this problem, can I bring my iPod (with its case and everything it came with) to an Apple Store where they would then give me a new device?

*If they would give me a new device, can I sync that new device from backup? I wouldn't want to loose contacts, bookmarks, game files, etc.

*My warranty is until 2010!
  2. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    !!

If you have a warranty, you can return it for anything like that, just mak sure you restore to the original firmware if its jailbroken, since that voids your warranty. Also, you can back up the ipod in itunes to save your stuffs.
  3. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

As long as there's no physical or water damage, i dont see why they wouldn't, or at the very least get your repaired.

And yes you can restore a backup on a new one.
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It's easy to claim the warranty for your damaged iPod... Just contact the nearest Apple Service Provider to your location and inform them that you are sending in a defective unit... Normally the SP will take around 2-3 working days before they call you to collect the replacement unit (one-on-one exchange)...