looping on slide to unlock screen after jailbreak! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by onyxd, Nov 12, 2007.

1. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Major HELP needed guys!!!!

ive done everything on the guide and i believe ive been succesful on jailbreaking it but here's the problem...

just after i updated to 1.1.2 it says it was succesful and itunes recognizes my ipod and all my songs are still there... but on my ipod, it only shows the 'slide to unlock page" and keeps on resetting.. (the wheel shows up like the one after you've install an app on installer)

it never let me see the icons (home page)... just keeps looping on resetting the springboard...

so i guessed that it might go away after i jailbreak.. the jailbreak says its succesful and i am able to ssh in into it but it is still showing the slide to unlock page and keeps on looping!!!! what am i going to do guys??? what do i have to change inside my ipod to stop this???
  2. simone.celli

simone.celli New Member

The same for me.
  3. severedrestraint

severedrestraint New Member

you have to hold both buttons until you see the "connect to itunes" image... which should appear after about 20 seconds. your ipod will appear in itunes in recovery mode
  4. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that method is for restoring and i dont want to delete everything that i have on my ipod...
  5. severedrestraint

oh and when itunes asks you if you want to restore previously saved ipod settings, say NO!. you have to set it up like a new ipod (erase all settings). and you also have to restore to 1.1.1
  6. severedrestraint

Of course, but thats the only way that can fix it, as far as i know
  7. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ill just wait for the experts to take a look on this... there's two of us who has this problem so in reality, there must be more of us who are experiencing this...

i believe it has something to do with the springboard since every works just fine but this... i just dont know what to change inside the ipod to get it right...
  8. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pls people i need help!!!

i tried updating again to 1.1.2 but the problem is still there but the jailbreak is gone since i cannot connect to winscp anymore.. im still downloading 1.1.1 to try to bring it back to what it was without wiping out my songs...
  9. Lemures

Lemures New Member

Did you create a symlink to your applications folder before upgrading/jailbreaking?
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think you might be on to something here. I had this exact same thing happen after your tutorial on making more room for applications. It would go back and forth from the apple, to a blank springboard, with the "loading circle" running in the middle. Luckily, I had SSH turned on, and I was still able to get into the ipod that way. I ran the 4 commands on your tutorial again, and all is fine now. I think you would be better suited to help this problem though, because I don't really know "What" I did.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just copied and pasted your instructions.

Here is a link to his tutorial.. If you can still SSH in, maybe try running the 4 commands listed. I am not sure if you have the same problem I did, and I can't guarantee this won't screw you up even more..

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8692