Looping Directory with summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EMPaighton™, Mar 2, 2008.

1. EMPaighton™

EMPaighton™ New Member

Ok i've searched, googled, and looked at the "relative threads" section to make sure i wasn't posting something already solved.

I don't know what it is, maybe a combination of Putty commands and symlinks, who knows.

i'm not a novice, i know a fairly good amount about it so don't treat me like i'm 5 if you respond please.

It seems that whenever i go to

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/

I see two folders. Themes, where all my themes are located, and Summerboard, where it normally installs the themes and i have to move them to the other folder.

But when i go to the summerboard folder, it just loops endlessly.

i get to

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Summerboard/Summerboard/Summerboard/Summerboard/Summerboard/ etc etc..

I'm at a loss for ideas on this one.

I forget what symlinks i've used through putty (same program use as WinSCP).

If anyone has any clue as to how to fix this without rejailbreaking, it'd be awesome.

I'm on 1.1.3 JB'd, summerboard works, customize works, iphysics works, and all the other apps work fine, along with music and video, this is the only problem i have really.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, as i've said i've looked as much as i can for it.

Some help would be awesome.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You have a symlink to SummerBoard called SummerBoard, on SummerBoard. Just delete the firs it.
  3. EMPaighton™

EMPaighton™ New Member

Yeah i figured it was something with too many different symlinks or something.

i actually fixed it before you replied, i just deleted the summerboard folder, which was empty anyway i guess, and now everything installs into the themes folder anyway.

weird.

thanks though.