Looks like wifi is busted

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gambit, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Well I'm really ticked!

Was surfing on my 1g ipod touch and my wifi disconnected. Tried to do a scan and nothing...Tried reset on networks still nothing. Did restore 4 times nothing. Let it sit for about 2 hours and wifi worked again for about 3 secs and disconnected on a page load in the browser. Left it on over night and it worked again for about 3 mins then disconnected again. Now all it does is scan for networks and never shows anything. No matter how long I let it sit.

So I downgraded to 1.1.4 and wifi was grayed out. Restored to 2.2.1 and samething jsut scans. So I think it's hardware. Sucks because I didn't get the apple care...I know I should have got it.

Anyway anyone else seen this issue? Is it in fact hardware.

I think if I take it it apple it would cost $200...blah thats almost a new 2g one.

And I don't have the $$ right now to get a new one. SUCK!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, seeing as you changed software, and restored and that didn't fix it, we can conclude it is hardware related. I would think a dodgy connection with the antenna maybe, which just made contact for a few seconds then cut out again.

Apple will charge you waaaay too much to fix it. I would suggest either flogging it on ebay as faulty, and buyin a 2G, mending it yourself (don't ask how - i don't have a clue about the insides of ipods apart from how the dock connector works), or getting another company to mend it for you...
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's quite possible that it still is software related, just putting it out there

4. Gambit

Gambit New Member

5. HTXMEX

HTXMEX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same thing happen to my 1g the wifi was grey so i took it to best buy cuz i got the 3 year plan thingy and they send me a new 1

refurbished but still.
  6. Gambit

Gambit New Member

well one of the apple guys was cool to me and gave me a replacement for free!

I'll give Apple major credit for this one...guess it never hurts to just try.