Looks like flash won't be such a big deal

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacob, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Well, I was looking at Apple's iPad-ready websites and saw that they are all in HTML5 instead of flash. This will be very nice, having stuff like Vimeo and Flickr which have HTML5 in them instead of flash. It also has a linkto submit your site to them if it is taking advantage of the latest web standards. I believe soon there will only be HTML5 and other coding that the iPad supports

Please Register or Log in to view images

Flash was a big deal, but now it really isn't because you really don't need all those games on Addicting Games since we have the App Store. And also there is Netflix for the iPad

2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah, i was never bothered in first place, but its so cool that the iPad has made all these sites change their format

3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I am sure a lot more will be changing for it too

For instance, Facebook videos would be nice and I'm sure they are working on HTML5 for that as well.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree with the HTML5 stuff and so but flash games are... free, not like most ipod ported flash games. [IMO]
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well when viewing videos on Facebook app it says they are working on it so I guess that will be here soon.

Now, i wish all the tech sites (i visit 25 or so a day .. nerd

) but most use flash video, hoep they switch lol, strange that some are iphone blogs and stuff and they use flash :/
  6. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Getting a little off my chest...

I find the HTML vs Flash wars a bit ridicules. In my opinion, HTML5 is coming no matter what the pace. Its a standard and an obvious upgrade HTML4. I think the only reason Flash took off to unseen heights is because of YouTube. Prior to YouTube (and even HTML5 itself), there was no other way to natively play video or audio without complicated coding, nor was it truly cross-platform.

Now this stuff is finally becoming native! Plugins not required. Sure it may take some handy back-end coding but its not like ActionScript 2 & 3 is any simpler. Anyway, can't wait!

7. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I knew that I heard something like that around the office. I'm not a web developer but some of the guys are. One did say that flash had its run and that the new stuff would have no need for it and would run just as fast with less crashes. Not to sure of that though.
  8. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1 of the many reasons I'm glad Flash is not coming to the iPhone OS.

9. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Haha, that happened to me so many times.