Looking to start a dev team.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    EDIT 3: Alright, we're done accepting people. Thanks for your interest. We'll post again if we need anyone else.

Could a mod or admin please lock this thread? Thanks.

Like the title says, I'm looking to start a dev team. I have an account that has about 95 slots left on it. I'm looking for people that have at least some idea what they're doing. You don't really need to know a LOT, but you do need to actually want to develop apps. I'm not going to take anyone who just wants to be in my team to get the 3.0 firmware for free.

To weed out the people like that, I'm going to ask that you send me a sample project. I'm going to leave it up to you what the project does, just make sure you include your iPtF username somewhere in the code or UI. Try to make it a bit more complex than a simple Hello World though, because anybody with a Mac can make one of those. If I find out you're only in it to get 3.0 for free, I'm going to take you out immediately. I will look through the source code to see if it was downloaded from somewhere.

I'd also like for you to have MSN messenger so we can better communicate, but that's not necessarily required.

Let me know if you're interested.

As for payment, anything that you work on by yourself, I'll only ask for a small % of (like less than 5%) and anything that we work on as a team, we'll decide who gets how much. I'll make it as fair as possible, so whoever puts the most towards the project would in turn get the largest % of the cash.

EDIT: So, there are a LOT of people interested in graphics, but we've got enough. If you want to apply, I'm only going to accept coders. Also, I'm going to stop taking requests in a few days because I don't want the group to be too big.

The Dev Team so far:

bamhm182
    TheTerminator
    Cocotutch
    drzktan
    manram_24

EDIT 2: I've talked to some of the members, we think it would be a good idea to quit taking people that have very little to no experience in coding. We have enough people for graphics, website design, etc. So please just ask to join if you have made at least 1 full application.
  2. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would be in this. Just please note that I have made only two apps in Cydia. Danny Soundboard and Bob Saget Sound. I have made already 180$ in advertising with two stupid apps. I can send you the source code for both if you want proof.
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, sounds great Terminator!! I'll send you a PM now. Also, I've seen you around, I know that you aren't just in it for the firmware.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So you'd be like Chillingo or ngmoco.
  5. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, something like that. Except, it looks like ngmoco and Chillingo just publish games for you. I'm looking for more of a close community of game makers. Helping each other and what not.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And then it gets published under your.. "Company" banner/name?
  7. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What type of apps are you going to make?
  8. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah. So I guess it would be like them.

@Xtreme iPhone, I don't really have a set agenda, I'm completely open to anything and everything.
  9. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    How about me? I think I may be good, but with UI's and not-too-advanced projects

Please Register or Log in to view images

??

CT
  10. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like The Terminator, I've seen you around, so I know you're not only in it for the FW. Sent you a PM.