Looking to modify the popup player

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Tsunio, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi. I have an idea to incorporate the dTunes player into the popup player that shows up whenever you double click the home button. And even though I happen to be a VERY fast learner, I am also VERY new as far as programming goes (I mastered HTML and CSS on my own, and that's all so far).

My question is, what files do I have to modify or create (for winterboard) to alter the functionality of the popup player in such a way as to also control the dTunes player, and also, how would I go about modifying such files on a PC?

Anyone who could offer advice or would be willing to tutor me somewhat would be my hero.

Thanks!
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I see some flaws in your plan.

1) You don't seem to be very clear about how MobileSubstrate works, I mean, you are trying to do it with Winterboard

2) HTML and CSS aren't really languages. Programming is VERY different to HTML. You need to learn a real language, more specifically C and ObjC.

3) You would probably need the dTunes source code, as I don't think it has a library you can access or something like that.
  3. Tsunio

Tsunio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, admittedly, I have no experience in what could be legitimately called "programming". But I have always been very good at making connections between related pieces of data, their effects on each other, and how to modify them. I'm sure if I had some time I could succeed with code.

However, I do not know about what controls what in the iPod (nor anywhere else, really). If there is someone out there who would be willing to give me some clarification or perhaps point me in the direction of some resource that can, that would be just as good.

Also, since I have admitted to being extremely new and inexperienced, perhaps there is someone out there who can, themselves, realize this idea?