Looking to change something..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Jrad044, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Jrad044

Jrad044 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Hi, i've had a look around and been searching here + many other places for a while but still haven't found the answer to something...

How do some people change the carrier/time in the springboard?

I have used the make it mine app. but all it lets you do is change what the text says. I used ssh for changing the font too but only found some simple fonts to use - the thing i am trying to change it to, i have not seen many times (only about 2 times) people have taken away the thing that says "iPod" and replaced it with an actual picture - like hearts, a smiley face ect.. and also taken away the time in the center and replaced it with a graffiti type 3d text.

I guess all of that involves using ssh and replacing a lot of files, - does anyone know how or have any guide how to do it?

Thanks in advance if you do

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Find/Create two images. One must be white for the Springboard (homescreen) and the other can be any other color except white or grey for display when applications are open. Name the "application" image Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and the white image FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png. Place both in /System/Library/Coreservices/Springboard.app.

I may have gotten which image is which wrong, so if it doesn't work, flip the names. I'm sorry, but it's been a while.