Looking for these type of APPS

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by NYXX, Dec 14, 2008.

1. NYXX

NYXX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its great to be a part of an active mobile and Ipod community.

Got my Ipod Touch 2 Gen 16Gb last week and have over 165 apps running. However my Ipod is technical mess, with pages and pages to switch between, especially the homescreen webapps .

So I was wondering if there was an application for a NON Jailbroken Touch currently in the APP store that can help put my apps together. Example Having one Icon for games then onced touched it opens up its own games directory. Categories if you will. I know there are a couple for jailbroken Touches is there anything actually from the app store that has this capablity.

The next application I can't seem to find is a musicplayer that will accept my MP3 files in there own folders. Instead Itunes places one song per album for the 800 odd songs I have. Be great If i can place my own 6 folders have their own names for the albums. I've tried doing it on Itunes but it sepeartes all the files.

Any help would be great. These apps will help my springboard be less cluttered.
  2. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sorry, but organizing your apps means you have to jailbreak, as it requires the use of the springboard, which is against the rules for official app devs
    as for the music player, i you also would have to be jailbroken and apple doesn't like to allow apps in the app store that compete with its own standard ones, such as its music player
  3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

@Muffin
    Jailbreaking would also require that you have a 1G touch.
    It kinda looks like you have a 2nd gen.
  4. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Best thing I can suggest without jailbreaking is to just organize your pages.
    Each page as it's own category...
  5. NYXX

NYXX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is therea limit of how many pages i could have. For exampl I have about 170 apps.

How many apps fit on a page
  6. Functional Disorder

Device:
    iPod touch
    16 apps per page, and 9 pages total - 144
    If you have 170, you'll have to pick and choose which apps you want on your device.
    You can always rotate and sync the ones you need for a particular day/trip or whatever but currently not more than 9 pages.

We dream of an update in the next firmware update that increases the max # of pages...
  7. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    if only it were as simple as going into a .plist and changing a number 9 to a number 20 :/
  8. NYXX

NYXX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea seriously its kind of a waste that you have 16GB of space and only 250Mb is taken up for apps while theirs still 15 GB left. And I don't have that many music files or video files. I wanted the device more for the apps then the media player aspect side.
  9. Functional Disorder

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hear you.
    I mean, I have 1gig of apps and it's over 7 pages so still have 2 pages to go, but I have tons of room for 18 pages of apps easy on my 32gb Touch...
    I remain hopeful...
  10. NYXX

NYXX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hopefully in the firmare update, they increase the limit. I believe this is industrry its heading towards anyways, more based on apps then actual music and video