Looking for some help, Ipod isn't recognized by computer when plugged in but....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raym257, Jul 5, 2009.

1. raym257

raym257 New Member

Hi all,

Looking for some help, my Ipod isn't recognized by my computer when plugged in but if I turn my ipod off and then plug it in, my ipod powers on normally and goes to the regular screen, but that is it, nothing else happens doesn't sync, and it isn't recognized as being plugged in my computer and doesn't charge.

Why this all happened I think is because I mistakenly plugged in a Sansa mp3 player car charger in the ipod since they looked like the same connection but my ipod froze for few seconds but worked normally afterwards, and then the next day i tried pluggin in my ipod to my pc to charge it and i get nothing.

I deleted itunes and reinstalled, i reset the settings on ipod(within ipod general settings), i did the power/home button reset procedure and my computer/itunes still doesn't recognize my ipod is plugged in. I also let the battery drain out, and plug in the ipod in my pc and the screen with the battery logo and lightning bolt underneath is shown but i don't believe it is charging. I only have the usb cable, I don't have a wall charger if that matters.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they managed to fix it, I think I may have messed up the port on the bottom of ipod by plugging in the car chager i stated above, just not sure.
  2. kid_chris_cool

kid_chris_cool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's an option on the iPod to restore to factory setting without comp I used it before it's somewhere in settings but I haven't used it for ages I think you go into settings then general the reset then click delete all content and settings but plug into comp to charge it while it's restoring because if it runs out of batteri while doing that let's just say OOPS!
  3. raym257

raym257 New Member

Thx kid_chris_cool but I tried that as well, didn't work out.

What I have just noticed is that when my ipod is on and hooked to the computer, it doesn't charge, but I turned off my ipod and left it hooked up to my computer which is on and my battery power went from 8% to 30% lol.
  4. ramaro125

ramaro125 New Member

hello whats you pc setup wndows version ipod touch version itunes and is your ipod touch jailbroken or not
  5. raym257

raym257 New Member

hi, I have Vista, 1st gen ipod touch, version 2.1 firmware, also have the latest itunes version which is 8.2 i think, and yep my ipod is jailbroken.