Looking for pdf app and uploading question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Meanpig, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Meanpig

Meanpig New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    2 part question. I'm hoping to be using my Touch for work to locate parts in a large pdf file. I need to be able to locate the part number using a search/find option in an application that will take me right to the part number and not just to the file.
    Anyone know of an application that will search and locate Words and not just locate the file? I maybe able to use a different format but pdf is preferred.

Also, I need to know how to upload the file to the Touch. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

im not too sure about a pdf reader that still locates the parts using search/find. If you were to copy it to your ipod i recommend using open ssh after it is jailbroken
  3. steve1711

steve1711 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Goodreader handles huge pdf files, and will find words within a file very quickly. I use it for large technical manuals.
  4. Meanpig

Meanpig New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the suggestion on Goodreader. I'll check it out.

Would I need to Jailbreak my touch to use it? I'm not sure but I'm guessing I would so I can load up the pdf file.

1 Last question I'm using Version 3.1.2 and if I remember right that the jailbreak is tethered and I would have to reload every time I turn off the pod?

Been doing a lot of reading here and its easy to get confused will all the information. Sorry

Edit: Being a newbie I of coursed asked a question about needing to jailbreak before checking out the app. No jailbreak and I now have the app. Time to test it and figure out how to load the pdf files. Thanks again for the lead