Looking for ideas about iPod Touch with 2 computers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by garaxiel, Sep 25, 2008.

1. garaxiel

garaxiel New Member

Ok world in general, here is my dilemma...

I just bought a fancy new ipod touch 2nd gen 32GB model. and i have it all sync'd up, but i'm wondering if i can do it any easier then i currently have it.

I own a Macbook pro, older one, which is my daily use computer, it travels with me, has all my e-mail, contacts, calendar synced to gmail calendar on it, programs, etc etc, but no music, mainly because i have alot of large capacity files and the harddrive is usually close to full.

In my basement, on my windows computer, i have iTunes, and some larger harddrives for other projects/jobs so all my music (roughly 80GB worth) is all on there. So i have my iPod touch i synced on my Windows Computer to get the music, since that's the main reason for it (and the applications) and i setup my e-mail through POP as that is all my provider supports, boo i know, but i digress. Is there an easier way, or a better way, that i can sync it to both machines per-say? i carry around abotu 16 GB of music and other stuff on my iPod and i just don;t have the harddricve space on my laptop to spare right now, or the money for a new drive, so i am wondering if there is a way that you all know of that i can sync up my Music to my iPod, preferably through my mac Laptop, that way i can sync it also up with my calendars, address book, e-mail, and pictures and such that i carry around with me all over the place, as i know that if i try to plug my ipod into my mac after syncing it with windows that it wants to wipe everything and start from scratch. I think I'm a small minority in wanting to do this over multiple computers but i think it's bad that Apple didn't try to make situations like this a little easier. I hope i made sense in what i am trying to accomplish? just looking for some ideas and thanks in advance.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

SwapTunes

lalalalala
  3. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

yea, or you can select the manual sync music and videos tab
  4. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use senuti to get your music off your ipod to your mac so you don't have to worry about getting things not bought off the itunes store onto your mac and all the other crap itunes gives you

P.S. senuti is itunes spelled backwards
    clever name huh?
  5. garaxiel

garaxiel New Member

Ok, that partially works, i can try and free up the space on my macbook, but if i can't, that is what i was looking for in a solution the best, also, what about applications? it doesn't seem like any of the ones give to me will backup apps. Can i just move them from my Windows to my mac and re-authorize them?

thanks for the help, it's a start, but not quite the whole package i was looking for, if it's possible.