Looking for help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ebock, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ebock

ebock New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    We just bought my daughter an Ipod Touch 7gb for Christmas. She wants me to put tv shows on the Ipod. Do I need to download any special software to do this?? Is this Ipod big enough to load tv shows and movies??
    Any help would be appreciated!!!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You won't need any special software, but depending on the original file, you may need something to convert it to iPod Touch format. I recommend Handbrake, it's free and easy to use. And it should be big enough, but that also depends on how many shows, or how big the file is.
  3. ebock

ebock New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ChrisL, Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the tv shows from itunes site. Do I still have to convert them???
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Nope, they should be fine, just sync it to your iPod. But if they are in HD, then it won't work because iPods don't support HD.
  5. ebock

ebock New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey ChrisL, if your still there. i tried to sync to the ipod and got error code 6999. any thoughts??
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm, not sure. Is that syncing just those TV shows? Or syncing anything? Though, you may want to make another thread about this issue.
  7. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello ChrisL,

Thanks for your help on here. I gave Handbrake a try last night and let it work for me while I went to sleep. So when I woke up this morning, I found a couple of problems. Maybe it's because the DVD is too long? It's 48 minutes. Anyway, here is a summary of my problems:

1) The DVD that I converted is a music concert DVD that has multiple audio versions that includes 'karaoke' (meaning no vocals). Personally I am not interested in the karaoke version so I really want to play the version or the audio set with vocals. When I play the download by Handbrake, I hear the karaoke audio (no vocals). Usually how this karaoke works is it uses right channel for karaoke audio and left channel for vocals audio (or something like that). I just realized there is an Audio setting option. I can choose mono, but will that give me the karaoke or vocal channel? The pre-set was Dolby Prologic or something like that, which gave me the karaoke audio. Any solution for this?

2) The video most of the time is choppy and has a lot of big square blocks. I'm not sure how to describe it. Did I do anything wrong? I set the pre-setting to "iPhone & iPod Touch".

Thanks for any help.
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about audio channels and whatnot. Only thing I recommend is to try and see. And for the blocks and stuff, it could be a number of problems. It could be that you set the video quality too low, or maybe the DVD is dirty and it was being read smoothly.
  9. Rayzilla

Rayzilla New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK, I will try it again. How do I re-set the video quality to higher? I assume that I should be choosing the "iPhone & iPod Touch" pre-set. When I choose that, the video setting has the following:
    Video Codec = H.264(x264). Should I change it to MPEG-4(FFmpeg)?
    Frame Rate = Same as source. Should I choose some other number?
    Quality = Constant Quality.

Thanks.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Try increasing the 'Constant Quality'. Although the file size will be larger.