Looking for headphones

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by auni1996, Aug 10, 2010.

1. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Type (In ear/Ear bud/Circumaural/Supra-aural): I think Supra-aural coz they're more portable, but I don't really know...
    Budget: $30-$45.
    Musical preference (What do you listen to?): Mostly rock, little bit of pop.
    Headphones preference (Quite bassy, detailed, warm, bright, forward mids etc...): Hm....don't really know.
    Any other details: See below.

OK So i'm pretty much a headphones noob. I had previously stuck to in-ear headphones, but those got messed up. Now i'm thinking of getting portable headphones instead of earphones. I mainly listen to music on the bus on the way to school, and sometimes at home. That means I probably want a set of portable headphones that I can store safely. Also, Bluetooth would be nice but not necessary. I also live in Canada so it would be a bit more expensive than regular.
  2. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey auni,

I recently picked up a pair of these headphones at a local store of mine (I'm also in Canada): http://ca.denon.com/ProductDetails/3314.asp
    They sound good and have a nice punchy bass, and they also fold up and can fit in the small supplied pouch. I payed $40 for them I'm pretty sure, and I'm satisfied.
  3. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thing is, I have a $10 Best Buy gift card. If I can't find it at BB, then I can't go over $35.

Also, this is my first pair of headphones (previously used earphones). They still look very bulky. Do you think I should go for earphones or headphones...?
  4. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Depends, what will you be using them for? Portable outside use or casual listening in quiet places?
  5. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well mainly portable use. My bus isn't too noisy but it bumps a lot and makes some noise. I also might listen to it while walking outside or something. Casual listening might be a case too at home, but my main purpose is on the bus.
  6. seriousneo

seriousneo Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    try newegg man
  7. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  8. bananaman22

bananaman22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the first ones you posted (KSC75) would be your best bet, although they're not closed and would leak some sound/let some sound in. If your bus isn't very noisy then they'd be perfect.
  9. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  10. senic

senic New Member

Koss portapro?