Looking for GTD Todo list app

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Love my Touch!, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Love my Touch!

Love my Touch! New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi! I'm new here so please forgive me if this is already somewhere in the forum. I've spent the last hour searching this forum to no avail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So here goes my question:

I'm looking for a good todo list app that allows multiple, customized lists. Does anyone know of one? I have looked at Todo by Appigo but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's what I'm looking for: A few days ago I was searching for todo apps. I came across a paid app that used folders. For instance, I could have a list/folder for "Garden", another for "Housework", one for "Work", "Hubby's To Do", etc. and then have different items within each category list. It even allowed for sub-lists within each category. So I could have a smaller list within a list (this is great for breaking down multi-part tasks). The app allowed for prioritization, due dates, adding a task as a recurring task (ex. Christmas shopping would pop up each year on the list) and you could check mark/delete the items when done. I didn't download this app and ended up getting a free todo app instead (it's Ok but doesn't allow multiple lists). So now I want to get that other paid one but can't find it in iTunes store. I can't remember what it was called either which is making matters very difficult. Does anyone know the app I'm talking about? Or maybe you could suggest an app that will do the things mentioned above. HELP!

Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help I can get.

2. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha lol, A fellow GTD-er. OmniFocus for iPhone it sounds very similiar to what your describing. From my point of view the major contenders for GTD task managers are OmniFocus for iPhone and Things Touch.

Things
    OmniFocus

Both have their own respective desktop clients to sync with also (mac only though). OmniFocus is popular for the hard core GTD-er since I think it follows GTD to the dot. Things however is really popular due to it's intuitive GUI (It won an apple design award I think) and also my task manager of choice not only for it's price but also for the flexibility it has. Things is GTD oriented but also flexible for those not following GTD.

I hope this helps, just as curiosity I'd like to know which one you end up picking lol.
  3. uber hax

uber hax Guest

try iProcrastinate Mobile, its not as good as Things, but it is free, so give it a shot. It does all the stuff you listed i think.
  4. Love my Touch!

Love my Touch! New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yep, a fellow GTD'er!

Thanks for the recommendations. OmniFocus is expensive. WOW! It has a lot of great features but not in my budget at this time. I like making lists but not that much. lol I'll look into Things and iProcrastinate. I did download Done! which is only 99 cents. It allows for custom lists, as many as I want, and it also has a cool feature where it'll take a photo of your to do list. Then you can go into settings and set that list photo as your wallpaper so you don't even have to enter the app to see your list. That's pretty cool. (Watch out for accidentally hitting the snapshot button though, once the photo is instantly saved, you can't delete it... or at least I haven't figured out how to yet. Any ideas?) However, I don't like that I can't organize my list with drag 'n drop. It allows dnd for the categories but not the lists. Odd. You can shake the ipod to reorganize the list according to priority which is good though.

I'm still looking though. I'll check out the other 2 apps next. Thanks again.

5. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah definitely agree about omnifocus. the whole package (desktop and iPhone app) would have coasted $100!!! I was like hell no. I do admit that the features on it are really nice but I found it to be really constricting in terms of flow. With Things I only paid $50 for both the desktop and the Touch version and I like the fluidity of it.

Just as another recommendation, Evernote might be something to look at too. While it's not a "GTD" app I've seen blog posts online setting it up to be one. It makes lists nicely, syncs to the the web, and is available on Windows and Mac and it's free lol.
  6. swisstony

swisstony New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What does GTD mean?