looking for easiest way to jail break my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mynameisBEEKMAN, Nov 3, 2007.

1. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this christmass, i will get my new ipod touch. i have been doing research on jailbreaking and i think the easiest way to to do the jailbreakme.com way.

Any help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

You are correct. The easiest way currently to jailbreak the ipod is to navigate to jailbreakme.com using safari on your ipod. It jailbreaks the ipod and also automatically installs the installer app for you to install more packages in future with little fuss. How much easier could it get?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks, i cant wait to get my ipod touch!!
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

They're different. jailbreakme is very minimal and you'll need to install the BSD Subsystem from Installer before any other applications from Installer will work.

The internal procedure is also different enough that I can't help people with jailbreakme.com. (Nothing appears on the screen after Safari crash for jailbreakme.com, making it difficult ascertain whether it fully worked or worked a little [and you have to restore], or didn't work at all [and you can just try the URL again]).

There are other differences, and I listed them here:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6599&p=50331
  6. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so this brings me back to my original question, witch is better? i dont know what open ssh is, or watever its called, i just want to do the easiest one, and install many games, apps, ect. including mobiletextedit. As well as change background, icons, themes........
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If I were you, I would definitely use the website www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb to jailbreak your iPod. it was designed by planetbeing who is a very smart guy. It has worked for tons of people and does way more stuff than www.jailbreakme.com