Looking for Earphone that fits me the best!

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by eugen0619, Jun 28, 2009.

1. eugen0619

eugen0619 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi! I am using Etymotic ER6i, but it's left side is dying, so I am thinking getting a new one.

The price range would be around $300.

At first, I was considering Etymotic ER4 series, but I am afraid that it wouldn't last long becuase it has such a long but thin cord that tangles up everytime like ER6i.
    So I have looked up on eBay, and found Shure 530SE PTH at $279.99, Westone 3 at $275 (it is used).

I also am considering BOSE CQ3 because a lot of people have told me that headphones has a way better sound quality than the earphones.

To sum up, my question is, which of the following should I buy for my Ipod Touch 1st gen?

1) Shure 530E PTH $279.99
    2) Westone 3 (used) $ $275
    3) Etymotic SE4 around $200
    4)Bose CQ3 (used) around $200

Thanks in advance!!
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No just no...
    If I compare my IE8s to the QC3, QC3 sound very muddy and sound quite unnatural.
  3. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well if they were talkin about good phones they would surely blast them away in the same price range. For example find me an IEM under 100$ with the same quality as a Alessandro MS1 - No wai you will find one

Please Register or Log in to view images

Of course the higher the price (and the specs go) the harder it will be to drive your phones...
    And I am not talking about phones where you pay for design

Please Register or Log in to view images

Shures have a good and durable build quality but still with big cans you will more likely have something that will last longer - Thinking only of the cord and the easy way to recable them.
  4. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shures don't have good QC..have you seen the rubber guard of most Shures? They tend to split after a year. >.<
  5. eugen0619

eugen0619 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks.
    But what I don't like about headphones are that they're kind of noisy that it's hard to use in such a quite place such as library. Besides, earphones are earsier to carry, have a better looking as well. So for now, I would consider earphones rather than headphones.
    Then, is Shure would be the best?
  6. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I personally would go for headphones for home use. I prefer looks of headphones over IEMs (Such as Grado, Audio Technica etc). And there is no best. They all are different and vary on terms of sound signature. It's all about personal preference.
  7. eugen0619

eugen0619 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am replacing my earphone. So for now, I would like to buy a earphone. For home use, I already have a iPod Speaker.