Looking for Dock Connector to Audio RCA cable

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kbright1892, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kbright1892

kbright1892 New Member

I posted this on MacRumors and didn't get any responses, so I was hoping you guys and gals could help me out.

I want to use my iPod Touch in my car, but I've found audio through the headphone jack to be less than satisfactory. My Classic sounds OK, but the Touch doesn't. I've been searching Google but I haven't found anything that I can be sure is compatible.

I have a 2nd Gen 32GB and might purchase a 64GB soon. Does anyone know of a cable to works with a second gen for sure? I found this one:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...7039&sku=35507

But it doesn't seem to be compatible with the 2nd gen. Looking for something similar or a workaround.

TIA

Forgot to mention, it would be nice if it worked with a 3GS as well.
  2. Indulgeo

Indulgeo Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the devices that go into the connector and transmit an FM signal work very well. My friends iTrip was very nice, that might suit your needs.
  3. PebblesTiger

PebblesTiger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Buy a radio with USB?

That is what I did and then you can hook up your iPod Touch and it plays music great! That is what I would go for, and you get a fancy new radio! ;D
  4. kbright1892

kbright1892 New Member

I already have factory nav in my Envoy and I've purchased an auxilary input for it about 2 yrs ago. I've used my Classic until now, but I'm looking to go down to using just my Touch. Buying a new radio is out of the question. If I wanted to do that, I'd just put my spare Alpine in there. I just want better sound quality using my existing hardware.

FM is also not an option. Quality is horrible through those and I don't want something that charges it all the time.

Thanks for the help so far though. Keep the info coming.
  5. EROCx1

EROCx1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My FM transmitter always sounded less then good until I realized my cell phone charger was causing interference. Now it sounds great.
  6. emery72

emery72 New Member

I looked all over the internet and could not find exactly what you are looking for. Just like you have found they either use the headphone jack or are not compatible with the newer ipod touch models. An expensive option would be to buy a component av caple and only connect the audio cable to your stereo. Another option would be to purchase a cable that uses the headphone jack from a retailer with a good return policy and return it if you don't like it. Those are the only options I could come up with. Good luck.
  7. kbright1892

kbright1892 New Member

Thanks emery. I already have the headphone cable. It's a monster cable I got back when I worked at Best Buy. I went ahead and bought one of the ones in my link above to test it out. If it doesn't work, the worst I'm out is $15. And I can still use it with my Classic. The main reason for wanting to get rid of the classic is it is having some volume issues, but this would fix that anyway.

I appreciate everyone's help. I'll let you all know if the cable works with my touch. I might buy the AV cables, but that's definitely a last resort.
  8. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

9. EROCx1

EROCx1 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Looking for an affordable and decent quality AV Dock with remote to use my G3 iTouch on my home entertainment center. Not just to play installed media, but to stream Internet radio, YouTube, etc. I notice many say not compatable with OS3. Any suggestions?
  10. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member