Looking for Developer

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by duderdas, Mar 1, 2009.

1. duderdas

duderdas New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have been putting a lot of work and effort together lately designing a new game meant for iphone/ touch. In the rough it is similar to Mother load by Xgen Studios and Miner: Dig Deep a community game on Xbox Live.

I am looking for a highly skilled Developer who is capable of making a high quality game that can sell on the appstore.

I myself have do not have very much experience developing games but lots of experience designing them, one of my main achievements was working closely with Seant Cooper designing the Boxhead Series. Besides that I have helped many friends making flash games etc.

For those interested if you end up working with me I will be paying you to develop the game along the way. So if we develop 10% of the game, at this point it would be clear you are committed to the project and I will pay you through paypal as more and more of the game gets developed.

Please post here or email me at robbie_skater1@hotmail.com
    There is an _ between robbie and skater

Thanks for your time. Rob
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Allright so I have heard from 1 person who may meet the criteria...anyone else?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

My consultancy fee is $100/hour. I am a very highly skilled developer who has a deep knowledge of the iPhone SDK, it's limits, and AppSore compliant workarounds. There is nothing I can't do on an iPhone.

Also, a 10% royalty fee is insulting, as I would be doing all the work while you merely supplied the idea.

If you are seriously lookig for a professional iPhone developer to help with your application, I will be glad to work with you. Email me at TouchRepo@gmail.com. I will look at your idea, under NDA and return an estimated timeframe.

Due to the fact that I may already be working in similar projects, either as my own project or contracted for by another entity, I will not sign a non compete form.

Thank you,
    Dr Skylar Cantu, DFA
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Although I could definitely not make this game (I'm not experienced enough yet), I was amazed that it was only 10% royalty fee. If anything it should be you getting the 10% royalty fee, the developer is doing all the work and you're coming up with an idea

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Furthermore, there is no shortage of ideas floating around in the iPhone app world. Ideas are next to worthless.
  5. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Technically, somebody could just build on this idea anyway

6. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    exactly

*High fives Skylar*
  7. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hahahahahahaha!
    I'm sorry, that's priceless.

10%!? What's wrong with you!? As you've already said, you've pretty much taken the idea from somewhere else, so it's not even yours!!