Looking for developer for simple networked music application

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by sparkzilla, Jun 16, 2008.

1. sparkzilla

sparkzilla New Member

I looking for advice on a project where I have a lot of music video files on a server on the network, and have several client PCs in different rooms. I would like to be able to...

1. Use the iPod Touch in one room to browse through the master video list by artist and by song title.
    2. Select songs and add them to a short playlist (10 songs max)
    3. Play the song on the playlist in order using a Flash-based player on the client PC in the same room.

In other words the iPod touch in each room will select the songs and the songs will be played on the Flash-based client PC in the same room.

the project is split into three main pages

1. Browse artist and song page using text, possibly coverflow too (on iPod Touch)
    2. Flash-based video player that cycles through the playlist
    3. "Now playing" screen on iPodTouch

I do not want to use the iPod Touch to play any videos directly. Basically it will be a fancy remote control. I actually want to remove all the other buttons, so that the iPod Touch is only used as a music video browser.

If this is something you think you can do please drop me a note to discuss the project in more detail. I will pay reasonable rates for development time.
  2. Jcool

Jcool New Member

use orb or you could use vnc app for your ipod
  3. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

I think they're thinking more of a music browser, that they can select songs with on their ipot, then play them on their pc. Correct me if im wrong ;3