Looking for an iPod Touch 2nd Gen Case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Generic Name112, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Generic Name112

Generic Name112 New Member

As of right now, I barely take my iPod Touch anywhere because I fear that it will get scratched, break, etc. Now, I've decided that it's time to bring my iPod outside for a change, but I want a good case first. Since there are dozens of cases out there, I need help in choosing the best one for me. Unlike other people, I don't care about the "Sexiness" of my iPod, I just want it to fit in my pocket, and be safe. I'm really paranoid about scratches and dents in anything I own, so something that offers full protection would great. Any ideas?
  2. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

the otterbox defender is AMAZING for protection, or so i have heard. only bad thing is it is a little bulky. 3 layers of awesome protection.
    speck pixelskin has some nice silicone cases if you are interested.
    if you want protection take a look at the defender and not at the silicone. the silicone offer protection but if you worry too much, the defender might be better for you.
    ifrogz silicone wrapz are also very nice.
  3. Generic Name112

Yeah, it seems the Defender is looking like a good choice for me. Just saw some pics of it, seems as though it would protect my iPod against anything short of a missile, which is nice.
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

hahaha ya basically. like i said, a little bulky but not enough to make it seem like a tank lol. im pretty sure it will fit fine in your pocket. if i got an archos 605 to fit in my pocket, then you can get this to fit.

also take a look at the rebel touch. its not as protective but i hear it is still good. neo touch as well
  5. Generic Name112

Thanks, I'll look into those ones that you mentioned. I guess I'm leaning towards the Defender just because it looks like it makes your iPod invincible, and I don't trust myself not to drop my iPod a couple times.
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

lol ya exactly. and i can understand that. who wants to destroy their expensive device? lol

well good luck in your purchase

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: if you feel safe buying from ebay, then you should check it out. a good seller is selling the defender for 25.69 with free shipping. saves some good money. and it says the case has a lifetime warranty but that was old policy. i contacted otterbox. however they said it is a one year warranty but if they have the case in stock after your warranty expires, they will continue to replace the case. so no problem there
  7. Generic Name112

Thanks for all of the help, guess I'll start looking around for a good deal.
  8. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

no problem! good luck!
  9. bobomaster13

bobomaster13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. dvdguru

dvdguru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered the Defender off Ebay for my new 32gb!