Looking for a new pair of IEM

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by matt912836, Aug 28, 2009.

1. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm looking for a decent pair of in ear headphones in the 30-60 dollar price range. My last pair(s) were the JVC Marshmallows, then the JVC Air Cushions (Basically Marshmallow v2). They were both the perfect pair of headphones for me: lots of bass, warm mids and crisp highs, especially when I had the EQ just right. Recently my Air Cushions crapped out on me and now i'm looking for a new pair. I was thinking of just getting another pair of Air Cushions since i know they sound perfect to me (and they're only 20 bucks at J&R), but i want to buy headphones with a mic and the call answer button (for remote control; play, pause, skip, using an iPod Touch 2nd Gen).

The best thing i've ran into so far are the Radius Atomic Bass headphones. I'm a huge bass fan, and i mean frequencies from 30-60hz, the really low "constant" bass. Anyone have these headphones and can fill me in on your opinion? Possibly a comparison between them and the Air Cushions?
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you need the mic, then I would just get the Atomic Bass.