Looking For A Good MID (Mobile Internet Device)

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by DMan1993, Nov 22, 2009.

1. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Most likely for future purchase but I need to know a good MID (mobile internet device) that can be used as a great PMP (portable media player), has a full flash player, wifi, touch screen (single or multitouch), camera, gaming (optional but not required), and is NOT A PHONE. I see most phones that have this but I'm mostly looking into a normal PDA since I already own an iPod touch, but disappointed with it not having flash or a camera.
    I'm looking into devices like the Samsung Mondi or the Camangi WebStation, but I heard HTML 5 may be the future of mobile internet so I may just wait for an iPod Touch with a camera. Help appreciated.
  2. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Take a look at some Archos stuff. Don't know much about them but it's worth a look.
  3. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ive seen the archos 5 and thought it was okay but it uses a helmet cam instead of a built in one, and the archos 9 is a tablet pc so it's not handheld. Good suggestion though.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Archos 9 seems pretty handheld to me?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How would you compare it in size with the iPod touch? I'm looking for something that is able to fit in my pocket and be used as an mp3 player aswell as all of the said features above. I saw a YouTube video of it a few days ago when they were talking about it at ces and it looked like it was a foot long and like 5 inches wide.
  6. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So besides archos, is there any other good mid to look at? If not then I need someones opinion on these devices. Camangi webstation (releases next month, has android but never used it's Internet browser) or samsung mondi (windows mobile, has skyfire for flash which I have used before and I find it great). Both of these are great but it's media isn't as good as iPod touch, so should I wait for iPod touch with camera, wait for camangi release, or get the samsung mondi?
  7. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

wait for apple tablet maybe?
  8. powerpup118

powerpup118 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    here are some good ones I've been looking at...

(pocket-sized sorta)
    Clarion MINDl

or

(un-pocket sized)
    Viliv x70

Or if some non-MID devices are okay..? Here are some other hand held things I'm looking at:

(iPhone 3G looking)
    Zii EGG

(Old Nintendo controller looking)
    Odroid

Of course, they're just ideas. Thought I'd share.

And supposedly Dell is making an android MID..
    Dell Streak
  9. Pablojrz

Pablojrz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want a combination of archos and iPod, you could try the iChos theme for iPod.....
    : D
  10. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

^well he wants a camera, and no phone. and way to go promoting your own themes! lol.