Looking for a confirmation on size/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by youngerinsd, Sep 9, 2009.

1. youngerinsd

youngerinsd New Member

I've purchased the new ipod touch through the apple store and in anticipation, I went to my local best buy and bought the Riot clear case for the system. I was originally told that they are the same size as the second gen but recently read that they may be ever so slightly larger. I'm really hoping this is not the truth as I will have to return my product and wait roughly a week or longer for a different case.

Can anyone clarify?
  2. Riley07

Riley07 New Member

check my post; the hieght is different
  3. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, they are taller. And if it's a hard case, which means it's not gonna stretch like a silicone, that may be an issue. Don't listen to the people at Bestbuy, they don't know, and just want the sale.
  4. youngerinsd

youngerinsd New Member

Well, I wasn't sold off by the Best Buy folks. I was just running off what someone else said on this forum about the size. He had posted the dimensions and said that the old cases would work with the new ipod. It's my own fault for believing it I guess. Here is a link to the case I bought, which is quite attractive given the built in screen protection:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9296497&st=riot+case&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218079026961

Now is it a length difference or a width difference? If it's width, this case might still work. Fortunately I held on to the receipt. If anyone knows of any similar cases with either a built in screen protector or a nice clear case for the 3g, feel free to post a link.
  5. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  6. youngerinsd

youngerinsd New Member

Yeah, it appears that it will fit but it's hard to tell at this point. I really like this case and would feel bad if I had to wait it out for awhile to keep my new gadget protected properly.
  7. masterxchief46

masterxchief46 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The dimesions for the 8GB and the new iPods are the same. Since the 8GB is still the 2nd gen doesn't that mean the new iPods are the same size or did they put the 8GB iPods into a new shell?
  8. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Directly from the apple website, looks to be exactly the same.

Hope this helps. http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html
  9. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, it seems like they made it bigger, along with decreasing the battery life. It may technically be smaller than the case, but especially if the case is designed to be snug, which that one apparently is, fitting it in may be an issue. Hard ones are typically suppose to be snug, very snug, no wiggle room.
  10. youngerinsd

youngerinsd New Member

Wait, what are you talking about MegaDell? Other users have just posted that the dimensions are the same but you are still saying it's taller?