Look here is the reason for the $20 / £12.99 charge!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by qazim, Jan 20, 2008.

1. qazim

qazim New Member

Hello,

Im sorry to say this but people going to start screwing @ me now.

But your getting a free firmware update yes?

Now Apple call it "Software Upgrade" costing consumers £12.99 / $20.00

Its like BUYING software for your iPod Touch,
    its like Microsoft wont give you a free copy of Office 2007 just because you brought there operating system would they?

Your buying an iPod. Doesn't mean Apple should start given you free software to go with it!

but on the other hand you can say they should give it free because new customers are getting it free which is a good point, but look at game consoles now they coming with free games etc etc doesnt mean you should go back and complain!
  2. letranger

letranger New Member

3. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

I understand where he's coming from, but saying that the Iphone owners did not have to pay for the apps.
  4. qazim

qazim New Member

Yeah but iPhone owners paid £269 more then us......considering iPhone owners are also tied into a contract I think they deserve it!
  5. 13u5ted

13u5ted New Member

yeah.. it is ture. But it is amazingly unfair how those who got there's after Dec 27 get free apps. Either we all get them or no one should. I mean I got my touch for xmas, so the app qualification is only a week out, which is really unfair.
  6. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

I reckon apple did that on purpose to avoid the thousands of people who opend there touch on christmas. These apps are things that should of been included in the first place! It dosent cost apple, a BILLION DOLLAR industry, a cent to port over the iPhone apps. And the fact that buyers after Dec 27 dont have to pay proves the point.
  7. jasonc23

jasonc23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Wait, £12.99 is more than the equivelant in $. Sorry but just cause some things in the uk cost more doesnt mean the SAME software that is supplied to America should cost more
  8. rohtop

rohtop New Member

they have to draw a line somewhere.
    I think the explenation of qazim is good. We have to remember that Apple is a company and not somekind non-profit-here-you-have-cool-things-for-free santaclause.
  9. qazim

qazim New Member

Yeah I paid £12.99 as I am in the UK but that's equivalent to £25.40 USD

Well...............They gave it free to customers who brought after 27 dec because of there price policy.
  10. danielillo

danielillo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it doesn't make any sense... what about appleTV? its software is brand new at no cost... what about lyrics and reorganizing home screen? it should be free... this is a stonemark in apple, and we cannote let them achieve what they want.