Look here before you post posiple jailbreak movies.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by superrob, Dec 20, 2008.

1. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Look here before you post possible jailbreak movies.

Right now there isn't any way to jailbreak an iPod Touch 2G, and everyday we see about 3 topics with users telling us about movies on Youtube telling how to do.
    Ill try to cover them up here: (Remember theres many of each video but I'm covering the methods they use to fake them so youll easily be able to see if its fake. Also if a real jailbreak was released it would be on the front page here on iPTF)

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5gEKly6fQ - This one is the most populair fake. Why? Because Quickpwn and all the other 2.x jailbreaks uses a hardware exploit on the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G, and that exploit cannot be patched. However on the iPod Touch 2G the whole thing is different, its checking the sign of all parts of its firmware before it starts it. And the exploit that Quickpwn and the others uses is gone because Apple patched the exploit in the DFU mode.
    Many of them also tell that they have a modded version of Quickpwn and provides links to it. Do not download it! Its nothing else than the requlair QuickPwn and some of them uses filehosts that pays them for every person that downloads their files.

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4dv55Gls0 - This is also fake. Its made by doing a webclip of a cydia or installer picture. And if pressed it would only open up the website where the picture was. Further explaining in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTCWOwCp5IY&feature=related

----------------------------------------------------------

Thats the most common fakes around right now. If newer ones comes up ill cover them and explain to you why they are fake.
    Feel free to post links to videos with methods i didn't cover in this thread but look on the list before posting them.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This has to be stickied. Brilliant thread, and there is definitely going to be more videos, so be ready to update your thread. In the video description where it says "Download this modded quickpwn" What is actually in that link? Virus?
  3. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Nope its just the reqular Quickpwn however some of them uses file hosts that pays them for each download they get.. (Added to the description of that kind of video)
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ah right. Also, there are a few spelling mistakes, title being one of them.
  5. a9205

a9205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    good thread yet i doubt obnoxious people will stop creating silly "jailbroken 2g" threads
  6. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea but hopefully this could prevent some users from posting the same videos over and over again.
  7. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I wish these 2G Jailbreak posters just did not exist, i mean they can't even use the search button.

Stick this.
  8. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    this should definitely be made a sticky!
  9. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    for sure this deserves to be stickied because it will probably attract the attention of those about to post their "jailbreak"
  10. iKill

iKill New Member

Nice thread! I hope this stops the 2G jailbreak posters. Sticky please.