Long time gone... or JB1.1.3 to legit 2.2 to JB 2.2 :D

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by johnInSJ, Jan 19, 2009.

1. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey all, been away for, er, about a year. Last I was here the heady days of 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.3 jailbreaking was all the rage.

Real life gets in the way. Anyway, been grinding along with ye olde first-gen touch running 1.1.3 jailbroken just fine. Since I use the thing 99% as a podcast player, and the other 1% as an ebook reader, it was all I needed.

Until now, when a project a work requires a current firmware for development/testing. Good news (as you all no doubt know) for us procrastinators is its now just $10 to upgrade all the ipod touches in your house (we have two) from pre-2.x to 2.x firmware.

The upgrade path for me (windows) was to first update my ancient 7.6? version of itunes on the PC, then buy the 2.2 update and let Itunes do its thing.

I just did the first one, it's reloading now - so far, looking like it's going to come through just fine. Once it's done loading up I'll hit it with the QuickPWN and then probably ignore it again for another year...

Basically just a report that it all works just dandy.

Anyone still here from the early days?
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just a followup... the upgrade on 2 1st gen touches went fine. Mine was 1.1.3 Jb, the wife's was a stock 1.1.4. Both now 2.2, mine is re-jailbroken, her's is not.

2.2 is pretty sweet. Nice upgrade. There isn't too much need to Jailbreak - unless you really need those themes (which I do...

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. sergiogon

sergiogon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Well I don't miss previous firmwares in nothing... except some things on 1.1.x were less buggy then 2.x.x...

I upgraded to 2.0.1 and it was crap but 2.2 is almost perfect...

Can you notice any diference in stability between your iPod touch and your wife's?
  4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I wedged mine up somehow with whatever that neat pull down from top bar thingie is that lets you toggle wifi on and off... pulled it down just as something else was popping up, and the touch sensor seemed to go bye bye... needed to do the two finger reboot to get it back, but otherwise it's solid. Hers has had zero issues. My old 1.1.3 firmware was pretty fragile so this seems better already.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's good to see you've updated. I remember I was stuck on Firmware 1.1.3 for a long time too. I honestly couldn't be bothered to update to Firmware 1.1.4 or Firmware 2.x for a while but finally gave in to all the good games and other apps available in the App Store.

And welcome back. I guess you could say I'm from the old days. I joined a couple weeks after you. There's still a lot of users around here from September 2007 - February 2008 range.
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I have been here since the 1.1.3 days I think...
    If not as a member, but as a browser
  7. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  8. Lukinator

Lukinator New Member

I know what you had to go through. I had my completely personalized 1.1.4 running for a long time until I, like kiks, gave in to the App Store and peer pressure. Then it took me a month to figure out why my iPod wasn't jailbreaking. Now that it's jailbroken and fully-functional, I'm content.
    Now I just try and help people with their problems.

I also joined in early 2008 back when I had 1.1.2 I believe.
  9. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You beat me by a month! Was that the beginning of the site?
  10. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    haha September 2007 right here.
    do you remember jailbreakme.com?