lol, the beta is highly confedintal, right?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by FrankDaTank089, Jan 30, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

Yea, so everyone is making a big fuss about how you shouldn't leak the beta, and when someone did they basically got smacked to the ground. It is highly confidential right? lol, wrong. You freaking dont even have to donate to get it now, all you have to do is make a movie (could be 3 seconds long) of the gba or psx4all emulator working which anyone has access too. So what the f*** is the big deal about posting it? It's not like you paid for it and someone is getting it for free, I mean it is, but people are obviously already getting it for free.
  2. dragon641

dragon641 New Member

Unless I'm mistaken, you've never had to pay to get access to beta releases. Even with psx4all, you could make either a skin or a video and get access. It's just common courtesy to wait for an official public release.
  3. IRaidedTheFridge

IRaidedTheFridge New Member

The guy who is spending countless hours working on these emulators was NICE enough to provide a method for those who don't have a creditcard to donate. Not in money, but in time. It does take considerable effort to create a nice video. A lot more than stealing it. Grow up and have some respect for the people who work hard to develop software for next to nothing. Besides all of that, the beta's have major glitches sometimes. Zodtt doesn't need 50,000 people complaining about it. He needs a small beta community to help flush out the problems.
  4. FrankDaTank089

well if thats so, then it might as well be a public release if all you have to do is make a video and not pay. I mean, that just dosent make any sense. because the developer will then be letting whoever has access to a camera an a ipod touch (which should be basically everyone with an ipod touch) have access to the beta version, aka, its no longer technically the beta version.
  5. FrankDaTank089

aright man, lets get something straight before I start getting accused of saying something that I am NOT saying.

I AM NOT COMPLANING AND i CONGRAGULATE AND THANK HIM FOR MAKING SUCH AN AWSOME PIECE OF SOFTWARE.

I am just trying to figure out the whole reason behind the beta that is still available to everyone. I understand he needs a small community to beta test it, and that some of the people in this community are of the younger age and don't have money to donate, but the whole video thing gives access to anybody that wants it, aka, not the way to go around it.
  6. dragon641

dragon641 New Member

Yea, it's more of a limited release than it is a beta, but again, it's just common courtesy to follow the rules.

Plus, it generates income (or advertising). Anyone who releases something wants something in return for their work and asking donation to "beta" test is a great way of doing that.
  7. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Marketing. Getting people involved and excited about your product is the first step to greatness (and a fat adsense pay packet)
  8. rinn

rinn Banned

the people that are getting it actually try to get it, actually, they shouldnt just join the beta testers club to get snes...thats messed up...and it happends alot...theres only a bunch of people that r on IRC regulary, or posting regularly about how the apps could be improved...every1 else complains about how they cant have it, or their favorite game doesnt work...ITS A BETA!! and zod can have any means he wants of becoming a beta tester. he added more possibilities to help others, and still there are people complaining...if u want to complain, hold it in and just stfu and leave it alone
    the video requires hard work...im sure he doesnt just accept any video...it has to look like u worked hard on it. not just a "3 second video". you put the time into it, you get rewarded, thats how life goes and if u dont like it, jump off a fckin bridge and stop complaining. you make urself look like a peice of crap when u whine about things like this
    STFU u are complaining, if u werent you wouldnt have posted this, and it would have been much easier on urslef if u just maybe PM'ed zod himself and see what he has to say about this...instead of getting flamed on forums...
  9. FrankDaTank089

aright man, your entitled to your opinion. I personally think it is a stupid one, but none the less, its your opinion. The whole point of this forum is to discuss all aspects of the iPod touch and the apps that go along with it, and this is directly linked to that. so chill the f*** out man, I was asking a question, and Im still don't believe its the best way to go around a beta test.
  10. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

atta boy..