Logome ruined my IPod please please help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by earthwormjim2, Apr 15, 2009.

1. earthwormjim2

earthwormjim2 New Member

So i was using my ipod touch and tried to change my boot screen with logome all goes well it flashes. So i decide to turn it off and see my new screen. To my suprise my ipod wont turn on no matter how many home/power button combinations i use. So i'm still pretty calm i figure ill just go home and restore it, i get home plug it in and my mac or itunes wont even recognize it usb sees it as malfunctioning hardware. I'm really upset right now and worried. I still have some hope because from what i've read i haven't heard of logome completely breaking anybody's ipod, but i can always be the first. Someone please help me out i don't know what to do. And if my ipods ruined to the point that it can't turn on if i send it back to apple can they tell that it's been jailbroken?
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

It is ok. Just rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.3 (google for it) and you will be fine.
  3. tyler666

tyler666 New Member

Yeah I had the same issue as well. All i did was plug the ipod into the computer with usb cable, I know you get that malfunction error but just ignore it. Boot up itunes which won't see the ipod either but all you need to do it press home and sleep button at same time for the ten seconds and then release the sleep button and hold the home button and eventually the itunes will give you that message that the ipod if in DFU mode and then just re-jailbreak it. I used quickfreedom for mine and still had the custom firmware that is created so all I did was shift+click restore and selected that file and I was good to go. Of course I had to load everything back on which was a pain in the a$$.
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yea it is kinda too bad to restore. Did you back it up lately?
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Next time heed the warning in LogoMe that says you have to be jailbroken with redsn0w 0.3
  6. tyler666

tyler666 New Member

Haha yeah I caught that one afterwards. I will just stick with my logo from now on.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I almost passed that up once. "Only works on redsn0w version 0.3"
  8. tyler666

tyler666 New Member

Yeah reading the info on this would have been a smart thing to do thats for sure.
  9. earthwormjim2

earthwormjim2 New Member

I've been doing what you said about putting it in DFU mode and it's not working. Are there any other suggestions or links to youtube videos that can help me? I'm really worried, is it possible that logome broke my Ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well i finally got it to recognize the IPod in roceovery mode. But when i try and restore it, it says software for this IPod is not currently available. Then it says try and update my Itunes. Well my Itunes is updated and still same results so what should i do now?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah that was a really big mistake. But someone please help me out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. tyler666

tyler666 New Member

I would try and re-jailbreak it at this point and hopefully it starts working again. Not sure how you jail broke it before but I used quick freedom and it worked out fine for me.