Logome made ipod touch 2g not work!#@!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dumb615, Apr 21, 2009.

1. dumb615

dumb615 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, i have decided to get a new logo and i used logome for the first time, i choose the logo and pressed flash and i closed my ipod. Then i couldn't turn it on any more. i tried holding the wake and home botton but it didn't work. I decided to restore it but then i get this error USB Device not recognized. And it didn't say it was connected to itune so i can't restore! My ipod touch 2g is already jailbroken. I don't know what to do please help me! Question: Does jailbreaking void your warrenty?
  2. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    did you try DFU mode?
    Your warrenty won't cover it as you screwed it up, warrenty isn't gaurenteed within blank amount of time it's, if the ipod is broken because of the ipod within an amount of time you'll get a replacment.
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Try restoring, and for LogoMe to work you must have jailbroken with QuickPWN 0.3.

As for the warranty, yes it does, but a simple DFU+Restore un-voids it.
  4. Dallas Silvertush

Dallas Silvertush New Member

have you jailbroken with the new 0.3 beta cuz if not it wont work. personally i jailbroke with the new beta and i cant even install it properly without it f-ing up cydia and requiring a reboot. you just need to put it into dfu and do a shift restore and your all good its fairly simple
  5. dumb615

dumb615 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU mode won't work, I can't even turn it on or connect to pc.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Dallas Silvertush

Dallas Silvertush New Member

there is always a way. just keep trying and if your computer says usb device not recognized at least it is sorta recognizing it hahaha
  7. dumb615

dumb615 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know what to do, i have tried almost everything to fix this

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. cf44ball44

cf44ball44 New Member

i just did the exact same thing as you and i have no idea how to fix my ipod touch!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i got it!! use this link---> http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

do exactly as it says and u can restore your ipod! (i had the same problem with logo me as you)
  9. Briguy9

Briguy9 New Member

hahaha the exact same thing happened to me, and i mean the exact same thing. In the night I was looking on Cydia for a boot logo app and i found LogoMe! I used it and the iPod shut off and im like "oh lets turn it on and see my new logo." Boy was i wrong. It wouldnt turn on at all. I kept trying to DFU it the next day (today) and it didnt work. Finally I saw this thread and tested it, and sure as soup, in the bottom right corner of my computer, it said "Apple Recovery (DFU) Device Detected, Your new hardware is installed and ready to use." Thanks so much!
  10. ssttevee

ssttevee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So what was the URL of that thread? I really need it cause i too did the same thing!!