LogoMe crashed my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ChuvelxD, May 18, 2009.

1. ChuvelxD

ChuvelxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, so I know i'm an idiot for not reading the directions about only using it for redsn0w .03. Whoops, i'm dumb.
    So I used LogoMe and flashed the ipod, then tried to restart it. The ipod will not turn on. I tried to put it in DFU mode but it's just not happening.
    My question is, am I doing something wrong? Is there a program to put you're iPod in DFU mode.

When I plug it in, Windows says Found new hardware and tries to install it.
    Do I need to redownload iTunes and start over?

PLS HELP!!
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are not doing dfu mode right. Follow the tutorial in my sig
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do DFU right......
  4. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use his tut, or the one in redsn0w.
  5. ChuvelxD

ChuvelxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, I don't want you guys to think im a nub, but it isn't working. When i'm putting it into DFU (trying), Windows goes from recognizing it and trying to install it to saying it doesn't recognize it. iTunes is open and it isn't doing a darn thing. I mean, I can't even boot this iPod the normal way. And it isn't the battery for all I know
  6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The iTunes should pop up and say it's in Recovery mode. Then download a 2.2.1 ipsw (normal not jailbroken) and then shift click restore to it. That should fix it; done it a few times now
  7. ChuvelxD

ChuvelxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so apparently I was doing DFU right. The problem was with iTunes. It uninstalled my usb driver "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" so windows wasn't recognizing the iPod as an iPod at all. Was just some random piece of tech with a chip in it apparently. I reinstalled iTunes and downloaded the usbapple.sys driver and a quick restart did the rest. Be weary when installing iTunes 8.1 people. Thanks for everyone who helped!