Logomanager help =[

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by shags8190, Apr 20, 2009.

1. shags8190

shags8190 New Member

Hey guys, I just jail broke my Ipod touch 2g with the redtool app. and I can't figure out how to add boot logos...and do you need to re-jailbreak the itouch to apply the logo? Also, what is the purpose of boot logos when you turn off your iTouch, it won't boot back up without the redtool app? (I switched from cyw00d to this so I'm clueless on the upgrades.)

Please post a vivid tutorial on how to do so.

Thanks
    =]
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is no longer necessary to connect to computer to boot an iPod as long as you use one of the new methods (redTool, QuickFreedom/ QuickPwn etc..) so you will see the boot logo any time you power on from the off position.

I think that logo manager makes a NOR only firmware which means you restore using iTunes but only the boot area of the firmware is affected and so all the contents of the iPod are retained.

If you jailbreak with QuickPwn .3 beta you can change the boot logo locally on the iPod itself but DO NOT try this on any other jailbreak tool (redTool will support it soon I think) and take an AptBackup before running QuickPwn to avoid any screw ups.

I hope this helps.. Ask more if not.
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what he said about the rebooting ^^^^ is true. You will be able to do the untethered reboot with any of the up to date tools. If tyou used the quickpwn .3 beta, go to cydia and get LogoMe app. You can then change your boot logo on the fly.
  4. Sduvick

Sduvick New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just use redsn0w 0.3 beta and logome from cydia. It's the easiest way.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Redsn0w 0.3 then LogoMe.