[Logo me] q & a

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by redsnow, Jun 1, 2009.

1. redsnow

redsnow New Member

Will logome work on any other program besides redsn0w 0.3?
    no not that i know of.

Is it possible to mess up?
    yes it is possible it has hapened to a nice few people, see the next question for the easy solution to fixing this.

Do i have to restore if my ipod will not boot because of logome?
    no, connect your ipod to your computer and make sure it is off then put your ipod in dfu and run redsn0w 0.3, it should now boot normally.

Can i use a picture of any size?
    no, it needs to be 320 x 480 but i have heard cases of undersized images working.

I can not get a preview what should i do?
    do not flash the image. in most cases if you do not get a preview somthing happened and if you flash the image then you might get the problem where your ipod will not boot.

So remember if your ipod will not boot do not restore. just put your ipod in dfu and run redsnow.

Oh and you might ask how is it possible to put in dfu if nothing comes up? well here is the solution to that.

FIRST
    turn up the volume on your computer you will need sound.

next - plug your ipod into your computer and automaticlly your ipod will turn on. your computer should make a noise.

[if you do not have sound then dont worry if your ipod is connected you know its on]

Now hold the home/off button untill your ipod turns off. your computer should make another noise.

Then quickley put your ipod in dfu. [ you should already know how to do that ]

Now just open redsn0w and wait for it to re-jailbreak your ipod.

Now every thing should work fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: the reason i made this was because alot of people tell you to restore your ipod if you mess up in logome when really you do not need to do that
  2. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    someone "sticky" this!

Very nice guide
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's not that clear...

imo, if things were bold (such as the Qs) and an overall paragraph, then it would be stickied.
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    And most of the things he said are common sense.
  5. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    undersized images work just fine, generally, if the pic is too complicated it won't work, and if the preview doesnt work, don't flash it... but in my experience, size doesn't matter one bit. A transparent pixel isnt required for logome, either.
  6. redsnow

redsnow New Member

i fixed it up a bit. used some bold and stuff, should be better now