logging into router from touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rockchris, Oct 29, 2007.

1. rockchris

rockchris New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I cannot access my router thru the linksys ip address 192.1....etc is this normal? It just freezes my safari
  2. oliath

oliath New Member

I am assuming you are talking about accessing the router settings via your touch?
    I could be wrong, but i was always under the impression that you cant access any routers settings wirelessly. You need to be hardwired in.
  3. Pieczony

Pieczony New Member

I have linksys wag200G and i can log into it via wifi on ipod touch. It asks me for login and password and then log in. No problems. Maybe you have turned off entering by wifi.
  4. ewhaug

ewhaug New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Linksys routers definitely allow wireless access -- as long as you are within the wifi zone of the router.
  5. win2000b

win2000b New Member

This is true as long as you have Management via WLAN turned on.

I own a Linksys WAG54G and if you log into it from your LAN, then click on Administration the top. Then click on management. If you scroll right to the bottom you will see an option Saying "Management via WLAN". Turn it to on and hey presto

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. rockchris

rockchris New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    management via wlan

i do not see the option in my router settings, and yes i can access it thru a wireless connection, cause i do it thru my laptop all the time, it's just when i use my touch, it comes up with login/password, when i enter it, safari freezes, pre and post jailbreaking the pod, so i was assuming it wasn't regular html coding, but if it works for others, i will take a closer look..i also still have the orginal firmware in it, it's a 4 port/with wireless one, model i dont know
  7. Pieczony

Pieczony New Member

I also have original, not changed fimware on ipod and also on router
  8. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

the reason this does not work, is probably because safari for the iphone/touch is not built yet for username/password in many cases. If it freezes your touch before getting to this step, thats because its stuck in a loop trying to constantly ping your router so that it can bring up that non-existent user/pass box.

Besides, why the hell would yo want to change your settings via you touch, if you mess it up accidentally or lose a connection (because its over wireless) you have to start all over, what a pain.

(im a network design student btw)