Lockscreen -- Weird problem.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Pouleterie, May 8, 2008.

1. Pouleterie

Pouleterie New Member

First off, what I'm running:

iTouch 1.1.4, with Modded Customize, SMBPrefs.

I want to change the LockScreen wallpaper. I've searched in the forums and didn't find my answer(hence why I'm writing here). Basically, I want to put a theme on my lock screen. Seems rather simple. I look around, find out I only need to go under Settings, General, and Wallpaper, and designate it, and it should overwrite the LockBackground.jpg file in my /var/root/Library OR /var/mobile/Library. I see no files appearing there. Currently, I'm running on my own SMB Theme wallpaper(which has nothing to do with it, I know). I've also noticed that my lock screen was completely black, as if there was no file, or no rights to open it. The folder has 755 rights, and even 777 doesn't do it either. I tried manually replacing the file, that didn't work either.

Anyone could help me out?

Oh and, for some reasons, when I turn my iPod on, it no longer goes to the lock screen anymore, but straight to SMB. Is there a way to revert? I'm not too sure when that started happening and I've been installing heaps of apps, so it's kind of hard to pinpoint the problem.

Thank you.

-A grateful forum user.
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, i'm pretty sure it's not your apps. The problem is probably when you messed with the files that had to do with the lock screen.
  3. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what do u mean theme on ur LockScreen? all i know u can see there is the BG w/c in png format not jpeg/jpg format by adding new WP just sync ur iPod on iTunes, the top bar w/c clock lies, u can make it transparent by changing ur OtherArtwork.file, the bottom bar by changing it in Customize bottom bar and the slider.

above all this is ur Status bar, there includes Carrier image, Lock image, clock/time and Header Battery all this can be change in Customize app.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i think there's no LockBackground.jpg file folder in iPod

so for sure that'll be weird as u said.

4. Pouleterie

Pouleterie New Member

Thank you fondly for the replies, I've had it nailed down. It still annoys me how it doesn't lock up on boot, but oh well. I'll just put a pin code instead.
  5. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have you try to remove the ENTER PIN CODE option?

Any photos that you have sync to your iPod from computer through iTunes, can be use as a wallpaper. The button is in the bottom right corner of the image displayed in the photo.app.

To 8giga, glad to see you back.
  6. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ya hello hello still busy working

7. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you always done amazing job, we are waiting for you to fully come back with new idea

8. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    tnx a lot, and i will