LockScreen/SB Wallpaper Customization

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by aktionze, Jan 4, 2010.

1. aktionze

aktionze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

I have spent hours searching to find the answer I was looking for and I believe the solution was this forum. PLEASE can anyone help me?

I downloaded some pictures from Google and I would like to create an animated lockscreen for my ipod touch 3G? Where could I possibly find a tutorial for this or could somebody please teach me how to do this?
    Also, how do I create a video wallpaper and put it on the Springboard?

Lastly, a quick question - can I possibly customize that "iPod" sign on top left hand side when you go into the springboard?

Thank you very much for help!!!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not sure about the wallpaper, but for the iPod sign on the top left, you can use MakeItMine from Cydia to customize it, it only let's you change it to another word. Or you can make an image on photoshop (must be 20 pixels high) and then save it as Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png. Then make another copy of it and put the name as FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png. Make a folder called "Carrier icon" or something, then make a folder called "Bundles" in your first folder and then "com.apple.springboard" in that folder. Then put it into your themes folder and enable in Winterboard. Not sure if I explained that very well, here's the file paths:

/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Carrier icon/Bundles/com.app.springboard/Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Carrier icon/Bundles/com.app.springboard/FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png
  3. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can do it with HTML wallpaper.
  4. aktionze

aktionze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you very much for the replies.
    I found a video from Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWyRZrLlIXM
    As far as I understand I think he made a Lockscreen theme and uploaded on ipod. Is that the only way to do it? If it is, do I need to change the size for my pictures? Then could you please recommend a good tool or software to adjust picture sizes?
  5. iAppleTechGuru

iAppleTechGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Photoshop, for one.

But if youre just looking to adjust sizes you can do that a number of ways. Heres what I do

http://www.resize2mail.com/

Just press the "on your own" button, upload, set your size, then youre all set.
  6. aktionze

aktionze New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you know what is the precise size to adjust in order to upload on a ipod touch?