Lockscreen Clock Hide crashed my iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by vash9, Feb 14, 2010.

1. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys.

Well today, i was fooling around with my iPod Touch, version 2.0.2, JailBroken of course and to finish the look i desired, i wanted to hide the clock that is on the lockscreen.

i google'd around and finally found something called "Lockscreen Clock Hide." I over read it, and Cydia allowed me to download and install it.

So it's downloading, and installing it like any normal program and it finishes and tells me to Restart Springboard, so i press the button on the screen.

I get the spinning wheel, but all of a sudden it freezes. I also have a BROKEN by WATER DAMAGED Home button. So that didn't help me any further. I had to wait for the battery to die out.

I power back my iTouch and it seems like it's going fine, my computer DOES detect it, my iTunes DOES detect it, and i am able to SSH into it, but only for a good 6 minutes or so until the iTouch crashes once more with the spinning wheel freezing with the apple sign logo.

Could anyone help me? I was trying to find the app in by SSH'ing, but i couldn't find it in any of the folders.

I want to upgrade and jailbreak it, but i have a dead home button with no warranty, plus it's water damage.

thanks for reading!
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    restore in iTunes.
  3. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but doesn't restoring it basically go back to factory settings? the reason i don't upgrade is because without the home button, my ipod is basically useless without it being jailbroken.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if you restore to 3.1.2 and you could use blackra1n to jailbreak.
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if it upgrades, it will probably go to 3.1.3, and you would have to jailbreak with redsn0w.
  6. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so that's the only option i have? upgrade to 3.1.2 and then re-jailbreak it?

what i was thinking was to look through the SSH and delete the App, but i couldn't find it only the .plist files
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and you cant uninstall the program?
  8. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i cannot get back into the SpringBoard.

when it's booting up with the Apple Logo, the spinning wheel thing freezes and it doesn't go any further. That's why i only have about 6 minutes to ssh or whatever that is needed before it stops responding.
  9. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    then the only option is to restore
  10. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh, damn. that sucks. all the stuff i had and the theme that took me 3 months to install because my lack of knowledge in theme installing. haha.

well, i'll see if i can restore it.

thanks gunot.