Lockscreen clock hide alternative?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by that_guy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. that_guy

that_guy New Member

Lockscreen clock hide won't install for some reason on my iPod 2nd gen 3.1.2 iPod, I go to install it and it looks like it works but when I go to the lockscreen and the time is still there, then when I go to reinstall it it says I am installing just 0 bytes- there is definately something wrong. Is there anyway to fix this or is there an alternative to lockscreen clock hide?

Thanks
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you reboot after installing the Lockscreen Clock Hide? If that doesn't work, try installing it while in Safemode. Also, see if you can download it from a different repo. I think that this is all you can really do. Don't think that there's an alternative.
  3. that_guy

that_guy New Member

Does rebooting not mean I lose evrything? Could you explain please?
    and also what is safemode?- yea I tried installing it from the guy who created its source and I think something else- don't know of any other good ones.
  4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By rebooting I mean just turn the device completely off and then turn it back on again. You won't lose any data. It's like restarting a computer.

Safemode is a safety procedure taken by Mobile Substrate to help protect your iPod from itself. It's just like the safemode on a computer. A lot of the extra extensions (like Winterboard) are turned off. This is used mostly for troubleshooting. In order to get into Safemode, do you have SBSettings installed on your device?

You can search on Google for some more repos that you might want to add to Cydia. Also try YouTube.
  5. C0C0

C0C0 Well-Known Member

Did you enable it in the Settings app?
  6. that_guy

that_guy New Member

It won't show up in the settings for some reason and when I go into cydia to check if u have instalel it it doesn't have the tick beside it to show that I have installed It so when I go to install it again it won't says in installing 0 bytes??

It's just annoying cus I'm trying to do a lockscreen mod and I've got everything to work apart from the lockscreen clock hide mod. And yea I've turned it off and on again but I didn't do anything
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    dont worry i found an alternative called "snowlock" i think...

just one problem...it was working fine until a few minutes ago i went to unlock the phone, typed in the passcode and out of nowhere it froze on the part staright after entering the passcode but just before it brings you to the homescreen, i eventually fixed the problem by holding down the home button and lock button simultaneously as for some reason normally holding down the sleep button i couldnt get it to work. so after waiting around 5 mins on the apple logo it suddenly worked agai. this has brought me to some questions
    1. what would have caused it to freeze, at first i thought it was definatly the snowlock which changes your whole lock screen but i realised it didnt get stuck on this but got stuck after the passcode so i have narrowed it down to two things-
    i installed shake to unlock, it worked for a while but then started to have faults, and i have also installed the no friction slide- or whatever it is called- which means when you slide across pages it doesnt click to one page but keeps sliding. I was wondering if any of these two things could have been the source of the problem, if anyone knows of people already reporting problems?
    2. i luckily avoided a whole night of panic by fixing it with holding down the home and sleep buttons simultaneously- this was a fluke as i had forgotten what you were supposed to do in freezing of ipod cases. So im wondering if any of you have resources that would help me know what to do if this freeze goes wrong again, such as what to do to get out of it,

THANKS FOR READING THE EXCEEDINGLY LONG COMMENT