Locked out of iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maxxdout, Apr 26, 2010.

1. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

I seem to have a bit of a problem with my iPod Touch 2nd Gen...

About a week ago, I did this with my iPod: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129938

I started getting tired of it so I decided to uninstall the profile and stick with the regular number only passcode lock. So I uninstall the profile, and then I change the password. When I changed the password, I had to enter the old one in of course, which showed the full keyboard one last time. So after entering my old password in, I set a new password using all numbers, but still using the full keyboard. All is good, until I lock my iPod down for the night...

When I type in the new password, it says that it is incorrect. I think something happened when the keyboard switched back to the keypad because I know my password, it just isn't letting me in.

What are some things I should try? I am jailbroken and I can SSH, so is there some kind of file I can modify on my iPod touch allowing me to gain access without having to restore?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Another thing too, the numerical keypad that is showing on the lock screen doesn't have the 4 large white squares where each number goes, but instead, it has one large white square.
  2. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Do a full restore. Factory settings. No other option,
    You can backup your apps, music in iTunes,
  3. moonman239

moonman239 Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well it looks like for JB'd iPod's there's a software download from PwnGroup called iPass. Download that and the latest iTunes version (if you don't have it).
  4. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you have SSH then go to /Library/Keychains and rename it to something else like KeychainsOld. Then reboot and there won't be a passcode anymore.