Locked my iphone. Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gurman, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gurman

gurman New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ok here is the situation, last night I decided to upgrade my current 1.1.4 frimware to 3.0. But instead of just doing the update I decided to do a restore first which wiped out everything and went back into the emergency only mode. Two things, I dont have the AT&T sim card that the phone came with, nor do I know of a method to get this phone up and running. I need help getting this phone back up and running,btw I live in Canada there is no AT&T here. Thanks everyone.
  2. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    search for redsn0w...it will jailbreak and unlock 1st and 2nd gen iphones. you will need the 3.0 .ipsw and the redsn0w installer.
  3. gurman

gurman New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    my phone got locked before i could have upgraded to 3.0 so its still on firmware 1.1.4. so if i get redsn04 what do i do after? im a noob so i really need the steps. thanks
  4. jayree

jayree New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's a guide I posted on another forum.

This guide is for both WINDOWS and MAC.

Note: This guide is written from a windows user, Yet it should be straight forward to do if your a mac user.

Before I start this jailbreak will only jailbreak the following devices:

iPod Touch 1st Generation
    iPod Touch 2nd Generation

iPhone 1st Generation
    iPhone 2nd Generation (It will also unlock the iPhone 2nd generation)
    iPhone 3rd Generation

NOTE: IT WILL NOT JAILBREAK THE IPHONE 3GS!!!

Okay lets get started on the guide.

Step 1:
    Restore/Upgrade your device to 3.0 Via iTunes. This should start a download then the restore process.

Step 2:
    While the 3.0 firmware is downloading. Download RedSn0w from one of the following links:

Mac - Here
    Windows - Here

Once downloaded create a new folder on your desktop and extract the .zip file into it.

Step 3:
    Once your 3.0 firmware is downloaded and installed on your device. Locate on your computer:

For iPhone -
    C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

For iPod -
    C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

Note: If you do not see AppData go to folder options and tick 'Show Hidden Files/folder'

Once in that folder you will see your 3.0 Firmware, It will have a name similar to iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw or iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Copy that file into the RedSn0w folder you created on your desktop (to make it easier to locate, you can delete it after you've jailbroken your device)

Step 4:
    Plug your device into your computer and turn it off. (Do not plug in through a usb hub, plug directly into a back port if possible).

Step 5:

Launch redsn0w.exe (or the mac version if your a mac user)
    You will get a screen where you are asked to locate your .ipsw file. Click browse and navigate to the file you copied earlier on.

Step 6:
    Read over the next steps until you get to the one where it checks to make sure you are plugged in and turned off.
    Get prepared to boot your device into DFU mode when clicking next.

Click next when ready and follow the steps to boot into DFU mode.

Once booted into DFU the jailbreak will start being loaded onto your device. Once the jailbreak process has been completed, Your device will be successfully jailbroken.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. gurman

gurman New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The thing is i cant because when i was restoring my iphone so that i could update it my phone got LOCKED. and now it says my phone cant read the simcard since its not from at&t. so i cant upgrade it to 3.0 cause its locked please help this is killing me!
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    huh?

there is only 3 iphones... iphone 2G (2G network) iphone 3G and iphone 3GS

and redsn0w does not unlock the iphone 3G
  7. Greggyfoote

Greggyfoote New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats the EXACT same problem i'm having. However mine is the first iphone and i need to do this i think :

Update to 3.0
    Use redsn0w.

I'm confused, we're both noobs to this, someone help us

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. gurman

gurman New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah but i cant update because mines locked! after restoring it, it says my iphone cant read my sim so i cant update! please help i need to use my phone!
  9. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    gurman - what version of firmware did you restore TO ?
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    put it in restore mode (Power off and disconect from the computer. Now hold the home button in and connect the it to the computer again until it shows in itunes and it says its in restore mode.) They just hit restore.

Now it should be upgraded to 3.0. I would use pwnagetool because I know that includes the unlock. Not sure if redsn0w includes bootneurter and can bypass activation.

Run pwnagetool and when it asks (Do you have a contract that would normally be activated with iTunes) select NO. Then follow the rest of the instuctions pwnagetool gives and you should be all good!

This is for a 2G (first gen) iphone.