Lockdown Pro ***New features, settings in preferences, sbsettings toggle!***

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

UPDATE 1/26/2011 Lockdown Pro v. 2.0 beta:

There are some big changes in my latest version of Lockdown Pro. A couple are the ability to lock folders, and a faster locking/unlocking method you can do right from your springboard! Right now this version will only work on iOS 4 because I have not yet finished the 3.x part yet. So I need help testing this out to make sure the bugs are gone when I release. So I am releasing a beta of lockdown pro for you all to test.

Requirements to test Lockdown Pro v. 2.0 beta:

*Have an iPod touch or iPhone on firmware 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 or 4.2.1
    *Have the ability to SSH into your device
    *Can use mobile terminal, or terminal from your mac, to send commands to your device to install Lockdown Pro beta

How to Install:

1. Download the installation files from this link here: View attachment LockdownPro2.0beta.zip

2. Extract the LockdownPro2.0b folder from the .zip folder, and place it on your desktop.

3. You will need to SSH into your device, and place the contents of that folder in the / directory

4. Enter your terminal application and type these commands:

cd /
    sh Install.sh

5. Thats it! The program will be installed and your device will restart, if you get some warnings about not being able to remove a file just ignore them.

6. There is NO application icon installed on your homescreen, the settings for lockdown pro are in your native settings application. Please go there right after installing this to setup your password, etc.

This is still in the testing phase so please test every settings out and send me any bugs or suggestions, either post here or pm me. Hold down an icon to get it to wiggle to access the new locking/unlocking method as shown below:

[image removed due to piracy-related content]

This beta will become unusable in 5 days.

Hello everyone. I have not had much time recently to work on any applications because of a new job. But I have been working hard on this application, Lockdown Pro. It is the new lockdown, new features, new look, new graphics. It has been entirely re-done, but it is not complete yet. I have gotten many emails regarding lockdown for new features and i've been able to implement quite a few.

Now for a new application you need a new look, and I have gotten emails about how you all hate ads, and I agree. So I am removing the ads. I am also moving lockdown's settings, to the preferences application so you don't have any extra icons just sitting on your springboard. Just to list a few more features, you can have different passwords (custom passwords) for different applications. You can now install an SBSettings (if you don't have that application then get it now!

Please Register or Log in to view images

) toggle to turn Lockdown's dylib on/off. You can have a numeric or an alphabetic password. These are just some of the many new changes.

Now for all these great upgrades and features, there comes a price. Since I am removing the ads and making the best version yet of Lockdown, Lockdown Pro will feature in the Cydia Store for $1.99 USD in the near future (hopefully by the end of this month). Questions or Comments? Please post below. Thank you.

4.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

1.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Attached Files:

2. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Looks great. I'm definitely buying it.
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iOS4 compatible?
  4. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I cannot test on my iPhone yet on 4.0 because I have to wait for the unlock and jailbreak to come out (because it is also my only phone). But I will not release it until 4.0 comes out and I will make sure that it is iOS 4 compatible

5. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great! This is probably the only app I would actually pay for. The price is right, and the features can't be found anywhere else.

Once I get my iPhone 4, and the jailbreak comes out, this will probably be the first app I get (if it is available then)
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the support! And like I said I want to get it out by the end of this month, but work is really pressing me for time, so it will for sure be out by the end of next month (but probably sooner).
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is great! Good thing You are around too! Your product are great to use. (yes I remember you 3-4 years ago. I though you were a god for knowing everything about the iPod touch and jailbreaking.)

OT: I have a few new application ideas that you can/could do if you have the time.
  8. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks! Please send me any ideas you think are good in a pm message.
  9. holder10

holder10 New Member

Great news!

5 suggestions for the Pro version that would make it perfect:
    1) Make it possible to switch to the 4-digit-mode from the lockscreen (it should look exactly like that then). Sure, it lowers security but that is enough for me and it looks way better than that blank field.
    2) Remove "Lockdown" from the Enter-Password-PopUp. I don't think branding is needed there and it adds confusion when someone else uses my iPod/iPhone.
    3) Probably not possible, but the app icon and most other icons you use look rather bad. Perhaps you could look for some more beautiful one for the Pro version and even consider to hire a designer for a better app icon?
    4) Support of folders would be a must for me! (Not only when opening apps that are within folders, but when opening a folder - so that I can keep all my private apps in one folder perhaps).
    5) There should be an explanation to that "Lockdown dylib". Or even better, rename it to something everybody understands.

Besides that, will you add support for iOS4 in the "normal" Lockdown as well (perhaps in time for the iOS4 launch on monday? Can't really live without Lockdown, you know

)?

Thanks a lot!
  10. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I really need to hire someone to make new graphics for me!! If you can help me out, you will get an early copy for free, your name in the application and I can pay you! PM me or post here if you are interested, thanks!