Lock Screen Music Controls changed, glitch??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Mortel, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, so you guys know the music controls on the Lock Screen, where you double tap the Home button in order to access the controls and volume meter?

Well, if you do, that's great.

This might be hard to explain, so if I must, I can make a video of it if no one understands what I am trying to say.

On previous firmwares, when listening to music, I would double tap Home to access the volume controls, and use my finger to adjust the volume. I would then hold the iPod like that in my pocket, with my finger still on the volume "dot", so I can adjust the volume to my liking, without taking it out of my pocket again, until I held the volume still enough for the controls to disappear by itself.

On 3.0, when i hold the volume "dot" in one spot, instead of disappearing with the controls like it did on previous firmwares, it resets the volume to [b|zero[/b] for some reason. This gets quite annoying when I am trying to listen to music in a bus or a car, and I would like to adjust the volume frequently.

Sorry, this is sort of hard to explain. If you would like to test it yourself, start up a song, go to the lockscreen, and bring up the lockscreen controls. Adjust the volume, but do not take your finger off of the volume control, instead just hold it in one spot. In a few seconds, the volume bar will disappear as normal, but it will also reset the volume to zero.

This is an annoying issue that I really hope is fixed in 3.1. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why wont you just let go and push the power button??
  3. Voices

Voices New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or use the volume buttons? and btw this doesnt happen to me i tried it
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Very Interesting. But I have the volume buttons so it's no big deal.
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not everyone has a 2G.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just tried this, it did the same to me, it seems to be a glitch with the 3.0, hopefully will be fixed in 3.1. I don't do this, I use the volume control on my ipod or my headphones.
  7. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do you mean?
  8. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As in let go of the dot, and press the sleep/wake button to turn off the screen.
  9. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
  10. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

Why can't you just set the volume you want and let got if the volume slider?

Also in the Music app if you tap to show lyrics ands scroll down the page, then without taking your finger off the lyric section, adjust the volume slider; when you remove a finger the volume will go to zero, but who cares right?