Lock Home Screen Pages

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Quez, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Quez

Quez New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi there,

I hate my first post here to be a question, but the problem bugs me and the forum search didn't yield any results:

I need a way to lock home screen pages, e.g. with a pin or password. So if you unlock the iPod and reach the homescreen everything should be fine. But switching to the second home screen page to the right should demand a pin for example.

Is there an app, be it jailbroken or not, or any other way to accomplish a setting like that? I couldn't find anything in AppStore or Cydia though.

I know that there are plenty of apps that allow to restrict access to the default apps and settings as well, but i would need to block access to whole pages.

Device: iPod Touch 3G 8GB running on 3.1.2, with Cydia

Thanks anyway,
    Florian
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any, I haven't heard of any app that did something like that. Are you trying to hide specific apps or something? If you are, you can download poof and hide them, and when you want to use them, search for them via Spotlight.
  3. Quez

Quez New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks ChrisL, Poof! is quite close to what i try to achieve.

I don't want to hide specific apps though, i want to hide all but one specific. Anything should be hidden or it should be necessary to enter a pin or password.
    Poof! would be perfect, if i could protect it somehow.

I thought the easiest way to get to that would be to protect home screen pages, but as you said there are no solutions to this available (i guess i will have to check if it can be done with the SDK).

I know that there are some apps that allow you to lock any app and make it inaccessible without password. But all of those i tried required a reboot of the iPod -> no solution since there are no untethered jailbreaks for 3.1.2 at the moment.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You could also check out Lockdown, it allows you to lock whatever apps you want, so you need to enter a code to use it. And about the reboot part, when you reboot, you just connect your iPod to your computer (it'll say to restore, but don't), just run blackra1n and 'make it ra1n' again.
  5. Gsterv900

Gsterv900 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you could just get sb settings for your problem with the rebooting. sb settings alows you to respring and trick your ipod into thinking its rebooting and it works. just when you do the thing you wanted to do and it prompts you to reboot your ipod slide your finger across the top where that black line is and a screen will pop up and then click respring.

you can get this in cydia