Lock button malfunctioned

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seanvol, Dec 8, 2009.

1. seanvol

seanvol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I have a problem with my iPod touch. Yesterday, the lock button just completely stopped working. I had alot of stuff going on in the background, so when I stopped it and went back to the home screen, the lock button wasn't working. I tried restarting it and everything, and every time I turn it back on and it brings me to the passcode screen, it gives me the "slide to power off" message, leading me to believe that the iPod is acting as if the lock button is being held down indefinitely and therefore won't respond when I actually do press it. I know it's not anything physical, like the button itself is stuck or something, because just moments before this happened it was working perfectly fine, and I didn't drop it or anything. I hardly moved it, actually, I was on my bed the whole time. Does anyone know a solution to this, and has anyone with a jailbroken ipod touch experienced this before?
  2. AiPoduser

AiPoduser New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try and restore if that doesent work send to apple
  3. seanvol

seanvol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restored, still the same.

Damn it, guess I gotta drive out to the nearest Apple store.

Thanks anyway.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just curious, how much will this cost me? I bought this iPod three months ago, but I don't have the receipt (bought from best buy) and I don't think it's under warranty.