Lock background wont theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by J-rad, Jan 6, 2010.

1. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I have noticed on my ipod that LockBackground.png doesn't seem to theme. I would think that any lockbackground.png would over-ride any lock background you have from your photos (I am like this with photos from my photo album as my lockscreen sometimes). Does anyone know what the problem might be?
  2. Joaao

Joaao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same problem! Help?
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happened to me on my first Jailbreak. I don't know what the cause of the problem is but it's a pretty simple fix. Hopefully you have iFile installed, if not install it and open it. Navigate to /var/mobile/Library and scroll to the bottom. There should be a file there called LockBackground.jpg. If not you have another problem that I'm not sure how to help with. If so, navigate to wherever your current theme is- this would be /Library/Themes/(theme name).theme or just /Library/Themes/User Lock Background.theme if you're using that. Press Edit in the top right and press the + icon that appears in the bottom left. "New" should open asking for a name, type, etc. For name type LockBackground.jpg and for type press "Regular File" and then hit "Symbolice Link" and go back to "New". Under Link Target type "/var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg" and press "Create". Viola! Respring or reboot and now every time you change your "Wallpaper" in the Photos app it will change as normal. I recommend doing this under the User Lock Background.theme and selecting that in winterboard as you may change normal themes but you would probably always want that. Let me know if you have problems.