Locate on maps 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pod, Jan 28, 2008.

1. pod

pod New Member

hey
    on maps 1.1.3 there is a option in the down left corner. (a locator button)
    It doesn't work for me ..... I don't live in us...
  2. Perraco

Perraco New Member

in several places in Barcelona (Spain) it's working. Take a look on WPS to know how this technology works.
  3. matthewshaw

matthewshaw New Member

Im in uk and I get locater! Are you sure you have 1.1.3 maps?
  4. synagence

synagence New Member

I posted this in the temporary 1.1.3 area but it got buried to page 2 before anyone even read the thread .... so i'll repost here:

Ok. So I am using 1.1.3 with maps. I am in the UK and using just a normal A-DSL (as in regular ISP) connection NOT a branded hotspot or accesspoint.

I thought it wouldn't work but I pressed the 'locate me' button in maps and it pinpointed precisely where I was to the exact street (I am close to the town-centre but still several hundred metres out).

Quite freaked me out as I was totally not expecting it to work as i thought it worked with this skyhook wireless thing also.....

How is it doing this?
    Its an iPod on plain wifi in a house with DSL!!!!

I will add one point ... i am in a city where the coverage is listed .... but still ... i'm actually shocked by this
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well lucky you. nothing here in Japan. Only tokyo is working. I tried at the apple store and it worked on apple's ipod but not on mine because I wasn't connected to a hotspot which makes this locating feature a little more useless to me. I guess it is better with an iphone.