LocalPackages.plist Problem. Need Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by redjoker5, Feb 19, 2008.

1. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

ok heres the problem. my installer.app had the package download error problem so i had to reinstall it manually. unfortunately i didnt read the instructions enough and forgot to back up my localpackages.plist

so now my installer doesnt see all the packages i had installed before i reinstalled installer and thus wont let me update and delete old packages. is there any way i can fix this WITHOUT having to delete and reinstall all my old packages??

i am willing to do that, but its a huge pain in the ass and i would rather find an alternate way to fix it before i do that lol. any help will be greatly appreciated

please help me out
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Yup.... just install all your apps as if they're not there, simply so they can be added to Installer's uninstall list. You'll keep all your settings; I do this when I've installed something prior to it being released on Installer.
  3. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

so i dont have to delete anything. just install the apps on top of the other ones? this is way better than what i was gonna do before. but it overwrite the old app files right?
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Yes, it overwrites the files in /Applications, but not your settings (in case you were wondering)
    1 person likes this.
  5. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

see? sh*t like this is real useful to know. thnx a lot bro you saved me a sleepless night worth of work with that info. thnx